Heat Pump Maintenance In Palm Harbor, Tampa, Wesley Chapel, And Surrounding Areas In Florida
Northside Services' Best Heat Pump Maintenance Services
Heat pump systems provide the best of both worlds regarding HVAC equipment: they heat your home in the harsh winter and cool it in the sweltering summer. Unlike air conditioners and furnaces, heat pumps operate all year and don’t take a break for the seasons. As a result, heat pump maintenance is vital to preserving your unit’s performance, efficiency and service life. Contact us today for the Best Heat Pump Maintenance In Palm Harbor, Tampa, Wesley Chapel, And Surrounding Areas In Florida.
1. Advantages of Heat Pump Maintenance
Although your heat pump is built to survive, it still needs routine maintenance. Your heating system must be maintained correctly to run smoothly and efficiently.
Below are some advantages to performing timely heat pump maintenance:
- Longer lifespan: Heat pumps that are properly maintained can have a longer lifespan than those not.
- Improved efficiency: Your heat pump will become inefficient and expensive if the heat pump is in terrible shape.
- Maintained unit warranty: Manufacturers provide a warranty on well-maintained systems. Qualified HVAC experts will keep your warranty.
- Reduced risk of system failure: Professionals’ regular maintenance and service help lessen the danger of a system failure in an emergency.
- Increased comfort and health: When your unit cracks, it might release toxic gas. These issues may be handled sooner with regular maintenance, providing a more comfortable and secure living environment.
DIY Maintenance for Heat Pumps
Every homeowner should be able to recognize significant problems and know when to seek professional assistance. In case you want to get the most out of your heat pump, follow these helpful hints and save money.
- During the winter, inspect the heat pump for snow or ice accumulation. You’ll lose efficiency if snow or ice blocks air passage, and your heat pump will struggle to keep up with demand.
- Remove any foliage from the area around the heat pump and keep bushes at least 18 inches away on all sides.
- For proper drainage, heat pumps should be placed 4 to 8 inches above the ground. Ensure that your outdoor unit is not located beneath a leaky gutter. Water may accumulate and freeze, obstructing airflow.
- Outdoor coils should be cleaned anytime they appear dirty.
- Avoid setting the thermostat below 65 degrees during the heating season.
- During the cooling season, keep the temperature above 70 degrees. It will assist you in decreasing your utility expenses and usage.
Book your heat pump maintenance with Northside Services. Furnaces and air conditioners both require annual maintenance. Heat pumps should be professionally serviced twice a year, once before the heating and cooling seasons, because they perform dual purposes. Our professionals do the following examinations during professional maintenance to ensure that your unit is ready to handle the demands of the upcoming season.
- Checking for damage to components.
- Checking for proper ventilation.
- Detecting leaks and measuring the refrigerant charge
- Electrical terminals are inspected, and if necessary, they are cleaned and tightened.
- Motor lubrication
- Belt inspection
- Controls and safety switches are being checked.
- Ensure proper thermostat communication.
Contact the HVAC experts at Northside Services if you have any questions regarding heat pump maintenance or would want to speak with a qualified and certified HVAC technician about installing a heat pump system in your house. We are the most reputable heating and cooling company in Tampa, FL. Your system will deliver reliable heating and cooling at far more affordable prices than air conditioners or furnaces if adequately maintained throughout the year.